The CEO Test
Despite all the effort through the years to understand what it takes to be an effective leader, the art of leadership remains enormously difficult and elusive. But Adam and Kevin Sharer, the former CEO of biotech giant Amgen, have identified the seven key reasons that explain why leaders succeed or fail in their roles, and provide an unparalleled and practical playbook for executives at all levels for passing these crucial seven tests:
- Can you develop a simple plan for your strategy? Simplifying complexity is a leader’s superpower.
- Can you make the culture real—and matter? It’s about walking the talk.
- Can you build teams that are true teams? They are key to driving strategy.
- Can you lead transformation? The status quo is enormously powerful, and the enemy of change.
- Can you really listen? Danger signals can be faint, and bad news travels slowly.
- Can you handle a crisis? Avoid the predictable mistakes that trip up so many leaders.
- Can you master the inner game of leadership? The conflicting demands and challenges must be managed.
Quick and Nimble
In Quick and Nimble, Adam draws on interviews with more than two hundred CEOs to offer business leaders the wisdom and guidance to move an organization faster, to be quick and nimble, and to rekindle the whatever-it-takes collective spark of a start-up, all with the goal of innovating and thriving in a relentlessly challenging global economy.
The Corner Office
An original work, crafted from interviews with over 70 CEOs, that reveals the keys to success, including the five essential personality traits that all high performers exhibit. For aspiring executives—of all ages—The Corner Office offers a path to future success.